Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fly Tying Instructions for Kevin's Stonefly (Video)

By: Matt Walters



This pattern is one of the first freshwater flies I learned and began tying with my good buddy and guide at Davidson River Outfitters, Ken Hardwick.  I love using this fly in my dropper rig especially during stonefly hatches and high water conditions.  This video, fly, and music represent a lot from my early days of fly fishing as I would fish all day and then go listen to Galen at the local bar with some fishing buddies.  Lots of great memories.  Pattern by: Kevin Howell

Below is the step by step video guide of how to tie this fly yourself.



If the video above does not load please use the following link:  Kevin's Stonefly Fly Tying Video


Materials:
  • #8 Hook
  • White Chenille
  • Grizzly Hackle
  • Gold Wire
  • Lead wire
  • Peacock Herl
  • Turkey feather
  • Rubber Legs

No comments:

Post a Comment